Friday, March 10, 2006

Altered Board Book (part 1)








SO, this is what has been keeping me busy this past weekend and the last couple nights. I thought I would give this to Jeff's niece, Katie for her 5th birthday. It is made from a plain board book that i bought from walmarts craft section. I had never seen them before! Some of the pages are interactive. eg: one has a fold out window, there is a tag that pulls out from behind a photo, there are photos that flip up and there is a see through window that has small beads inside it... I still have some words to write in it yet but other than that I am pretty well done!

3 comments:

devon spec said...

michelle! that's so cute! and NO i don't care if you "steal" the monogram idea. lol. it's like, THE new trendy wedding thing to do. ;) i got the "s" stamp at michael's for like, under two dollars. :) and bought a bunch of hole punches. your stuff is going to be SO AWESOME. post it when you start!

Melissa said...

Wow. That is one extensive project. How long did the whole thing take you to complete?? I've never seen plain board books before. Guess I'm going to have to make a walmart trip soon. That's a very beautiful piece, Michelle. I love it!

Michelle Andrews said...

thanks both of you :) Jeff and i did go and buy an 'A' stamp. Not sure what we are going to do with it yet..lol..but hey, for $1.99, we couldnt pass it up! I cant wait to get started on making wedding stuff. Jeff is still working on the design of the 'save the date' cards.. He assures me he will work on in tomorrow!
The board book project took a good weekend and then a couple evenings. It was one of my more lengthy projects but it was so much fun to make. Jeff's mom wants me to make one for her friend now :).